We rely on, seek out and embrace the different perspectives of our diverse, empowered and engaged workforce to help us safely deliver great service to our diverse customers and the communities we serve.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council and Business Resource Groups (BRGs)
Our DE&I Council is a cross-functional team representing DE&I leadership, executive sponsors, and business resource group leaders. They help set strategy and lead the implementation of initiatives supporting the company's DE&I goals and plan.
There are six BRGs:
- New Hire Business Resource Group
- Women's Business Resource Group
- Veterans Business Resource Group
- Multicultural Business Resource Group
- Young Professionals Business Resource Group
- Pride+Allies Business Resource Group
Each BRG initiates opportunities to foster a culture of equity, inclusion and belonging, promote career development and build relationships through networking and mentoring opportunities. Members learn new skills, participate in learning and development opportunities and contribute to business objectives in a way that supports career growth.
Racial Equity Strategy
In 2020 we increased our focus on driving meaningful, positive change in our workplace and communities by addressing racial and social justice and inequity.
Responding to the death of George Floyd and the urgent calls for social justice, the DE&I Council worked quickly and collaboratively to organize a series of employee listening sessions.
By actively listening and hearing the authentic voices, diverse perspectives, and lived experience of our BIPOC and other employees, we created our Racial and Social Justice Plan and have been using it as a road map to accelerate and guide our efforts.
The plan included the launch of our Racial Equity Task Force, which is focused on identifying opportunities to build a more inclusive workplace, enhance our talent management practices, and make a more meaningful impact in our diverse communities.
In support of our commitment to creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace, we have:
- Provided increased education, dialogue, and action planning sessions. We began with a highly attended town hall series on disrupting racism, hosted by members of our Senior Leadership Team. We have followed this with a series of trainings, webinars, dialogues, and learning/action groups, continuing the conversation and work.
Created a self-service, online communication and learning hub on our intranet focused on racial and social justice, providing timely information and updates as well as a tool kit of resources and support materials.
- Hosted learning events throughout the year to celebrate the histories and contributions of under-represented groups and communities.
- Hosted several vaccine hesitancy webinars for our employees.
- Launched a DE&I/Multicultural BRG Book Club (pictured) to encourage a culture of greater respect, inclusion and understanding for diverse and under-represented groups.
- Redesigned our Inclusive Workplace training for leaders to respond to the current events, challenges and needs of today’s workplace.
- Continued our partnership with Customer Experience, translating critical customer web pages and printed collateral, building on the success of the creation of one of the first Spanish language mobile apps for utilities in the United States.
- Increased focus on racial equity and social justice through our community support events and initiatives.