Information on this page is for customers in 

{{ town-name }}

Electric Service FAQs

When would I request new service?

You’ll need to submit a request for any service to be installed: new, changed, upgraded, removed or temporary.

How do I request the service?

You can create a work request online or call us to get started or ask questions.

What is meant by "change/upgrade" service?

Changed or upgraded service is when service is increased from your existing electrical service to a service with more electrical capacity.

Are there any limitations for submitting requests?

Yes. A homeowner can submit a request for electric service for his or her own owner-occupied, single-family home only after having applied for and been granted a homeowner electrical permit from the local authority.

How do I complete the meter portion of the request?

Typical residential service is one meter, 200-amp, single-phase, three-wire, 120/240-volt service (Residential example: 1PH 3W 120/240V). Select "new" or "upgraded service."

What is the load breakdown portion of the request?

Load breakdown is used to size your electrical service, ensuring adequate capacity. Load breakdown for a single-phase, single-family residence with a maximum 200-amp main switch is not required.

What happens when I submit a request online?

Upon successfully completing a request, a confirmation page with your Service Request number will be displayed. We will also send an email confirmation if you have provided your email address.

Your request will be routed to the appropriate area work center and assigned to a technician within two business days of your submission.

Who else can see my request?

Only someone who has your Service Request number and town name.

Requests are typically submitted by qualified licensed electrical contractors who are familiar with the information we need to process requests in a timely fashion. Details pertaining to electrical loads in terms of kW and motor ratings are examples of information we need in order to size the electric distribution facilities to meet the load.

When I look up my request, what will I see?

You will see the current status of the work request, including all satisfied and unsatisfied prerequisites.

Can I check the status of my contractor's Request for Service for my new house?

Yes, but you’ll need the Service Request number and town name to view the status of a request.