NEW PROCEDURES, TECHNOLOGY & BEST PRACTICES
Eversource is always working to serve you better and perform at the top of industry standards.
We are constantly evaluating new procedures while also researching how other utilities operate - looking for new best practices to adopt and evaluating new technologies and security methods to ensure the highest levels of service and safety.
- Enhanced our QA/QC program. Quality management is insuring procedures, processes, technology and people work effectively to achieve excellence in safety, compliance, reliability and productivity.
- Constructed a new training facility in Berlin, Conn. The facility’s training yard features five main activity areas for safe, hands-on training of natural gas personnel.
- Implemented an Eversource-specific Operator Qualification Program, which includes third-party proctoring of all employee testing. We are the first New England company to move our online operator qualification testing to an offsite facility.
- Invested in state-of-the-art equipment that improves response time when isolating damaged mains. Our crews are fully trained and qualified using these systems to respond across our service territory.
- A variety of other measures are also used to ensure pipeline safety.
- Coordination with Dig Safe (Massachusetts) and Call Before You Dig (Connecticut).
- Visual inspection programs.
- Design and construction practices.
- Workforce qualifications.
- Government oversight and working with municipal agencies.
- Leak surveys, pressure monitoring and odorization of natural gas.
- Pipeline markers and facility mapping.
- Public education programs.
- Patrol of critical facilities and other security measures.