Andrew Square to Dewar Street Reliability Project
As part of always working to serve you better, and to address customer demand, reliability and capacity issues throughout the Boston area, Eversource is proposing to install a new underground 115-kilovolt (kV) transmission line.
The proposed underground 2.1-mile transmission line will support future growth in the area - passing through Dorchester and South Boston while connecting Eversource’s Andrew Square Substation to the Dewar Street Substation. The proposed project also includes improvements within the existing fence lines of the substations.
Energy Facilities Siting Board
To construct and operate the new 115-kV underground transmission line, Eversource must file a petition with the Massachusetts Energy Facilities Siting Board (EFSB) for approval. The petition filing is part of the regulatory review process, as defined by Massachusetts state statutes.
- Route Length: Approximately 2.1 miles
- City: Boston (Dorchester and South Boston)
- Line Voltage: 115,000-volt (115-kV) underground transmission line
- Siting Review By: Energy Facilities Siting Board (EFSB)
Estimated Timetable (subject to change):
- Public Open Houses: October 2018
- File Siting Petition with the DPU: Fourth Quarter 2018
- DPU Public Hearing: Second Quarter 2019
- Tentative Decision from the EFSB: First Quarter 2020
- Final Decision from the EFSB: Second Quarter 2020
- Pre-Construction Open House*: Second Quarter 2020
- Start of construction*): Second Quarter 2020
- Estimated in-service date*: Fourth Quarter 2021
* Pending all necessary siting and permit approvals
Eversource will be engaging town officials, residents, businesses, community groups and other stakeholders through municipal briefings, open houses, mailings and meetings – answering questions and listening to any concerns about the project.
Eversource will be hosting a public open house to give local residents, business owners, and other interested stakeholders an opportunity to learn more about the project, ask questions, and provide feedback.
Wednesday, October 10, 2018
St. Monica Parish
331 Old Colony Avenue
South Boston, MA 02127
6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
As the proposed project proceeds through the siting and permitting process, we will continue our community outreach efforts.
For more information about the Andrew Square to Dewar Street Reliability Project, send an email to TransmissionInfo@eversource.com or call 800-793-2202.