Eversource Energy Foundation
The mission of the Eversource Energy Foundation is to make a healthier, stronger, sustainable and more equitable future for our customers and communities
About The Foundation
Eversource is proud to invest in organizations, initiatives and services that provide broad, meaningful and sustainable change in the communities we serve. In 2020, the Eversource Energy Foundation contributed more than $6 million to charitable organizations in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
The Eversource Energy Foundation is an independent, nonprofit philanthropic organization that is funded solely by shareholders from Eversource Energy and is dedicated to supporting our communities and making a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
The Foundation is governed by a board of directors. The board, composed of Eversource Energy officers, reviews Foundation program guidelines to ensure they reflect our values, mission and giving strategy.
"As President of the Foundation, I believe it's important that our philanthropic work be anchored to strengthening our communities so they thrive.
Whether through our financial support or employee engagement, Eversource wants to positively impact the lives of families, veterans, diverse populations and communities where we work and live and the places we serve."
- Theresa Hopkins-Staten, President, Eversource Energy Foundation and
Vice President, Corporate Citizenship and Equity
Giving Focus Areas
The Eversource Energy Foundation supports nonprofit organizations in five major categories.
However, during challenging times, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, Eversource will be flexible in our giving to ensure we respond to the most pressing needs of our customers and communities.
Eversource donated more than $2 million to nonprofit organizations across its service territory in 2020 to support the critical needs of our customers affected by COVID-19.
The five major nonprofit categories are:
- Community Wellness and Basic Human Needs: Programs that provide families with essential tools and resources to meet their basic health and human services needs. This includes food and nutritional needs, social services and medical needs.
- Education: Programs that support STEM education, literacy, mentoring and youth development to help build a well-trained workforce for years to come.
- Clean Energy and Environmental Stewardship: Organizations that educate, inform and advance environmental issues that have the potential to impact our communities. Programs include environmental conservation and education, park updates and trail projects.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We support equity and inclusion reform, community education programs creating equal rights for people of color, LGBTQ+, women, veterans and historically marginalized people and disinvested communities.
- Community, Economic and Workforce Development: Programs that help revitalize underserved communities and support workforce development and educational opportunities that remove barriers and redress long-standing inequity experienced by environmental justice communities and populations and position them to advance in life.