Electric Service FAQ

When would I request new service?
You’ll need to submit a request for any service to be installed: new, changed, upgraded, removed or temporary. Use our online services or call us at 800-362-7764.

What is meant by "change/upgrade" service?
Changed or upgraded service is when service is increased from your existing electrical service to a service with more electrical capacity.

Are there any limitations for submitting requests?
Yes. A homeowner can submit a request for electric service for his or her own owner-occupied, single-family home only after having applied for and been granted a homeowner electrical permit from the local authority.

How do I complete the meter portion of the request?
Typical residential service is one meter, 200-amp, single-phase, three-wire, 120/240-volt service (Residential example: 1PH 3W 120/240V). Select "new" or "upgraded service."

What is the load breakdown portion of the request?
Load breakdown is used to size your electrical service, ensuring adequate capacity. Load breakdown for a single-phase, single-family residence with a maximum 200-amp main switch is not required.

What happens when I submit a request online?
Upon successfully completing a request, a confirmation page with your Service Request number will be displayed.

If you have provided us with an email address, we will send an email confirmation to you with this information.

our request will be routed to the appropriate area work center and assigned to a technician within two business days of your submission.

What if I have questions when I'm trying to fill out the request?
Our Electric Service Support Center is available to help you 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at 800-362-7764.

Who else can see my request?
Only someone who has your Service Request number and town name.

When I look up my request, what will I see?
You will see the current status of the work request, including all satisfied and unsatisfied prerequisites.

Can I check the status of my contractor's Request for Service for my new house?
Yes, but you’ll need the Service Request number and town name to view the status of a request.