Your natural gas bill will still come from Eversource, but the amount you pay for your supply charge, as well as where your natural gas supply comes from, can be changed by choosing to purchase from a competitive supplier.
Eversource will still deliver natural gas to your home, respond to emergency calls, read your meter, care for the pipes delivering gas and provide customer service.
What to Know About Switching Natural Gas Suppliers
There's a lot to consider when switching natural gas suppliers, from the contract to the marketing tactics. Here's what to ask and what to avoid.
What to ask a potential supplier
- Are you licensed in the state, and what of I discontinue service in the region?
- What is the length of the contract I'm entering?
- Is this a fixed or variable rate?
- Are there early termination fees?
- Who do I contact with questions?
- Can I switch to a different supplier?
What to avoid
- Eversource does not call or solicit door-to-door on behalf of any competitive energy supplier. Occasionally we do offer prospective gas customers the opportunity to switch to natural gas by leaving informational door hangers or visiting neighborhoods door-to-door. We will send a letter notifying you that we will be in your area before visiting, and we will never ask to see a copy of your bill or discuss your current energy rate.
- Never provide personal or financial information to anyone, in person, on the phone, or online, without verifying their credentials even if the individual seems legitimate or knows basic account information.
- All Eversource employees carry company-issued identification, and any contractors working with us carry documentation explaining the nature and location of their work.
You also have the option of blocking your account from unauthorized switching to a third-party supplier from Basic Service. You can always call us at 1-800-688-6160 to double check the legitimacy of any offer.
If you do not want to be contacted by suppliers you can register with the Federal Trade Commission's Do Not Call list.
Want to Switch?
Each Competitive Supplier sets its own price for natural gas and provides service to various cities, towns and types of customers.
Make a change by contacting the supplier. If you don't choose to participate, we'll remain your supplier and there is no change in your bill.