Information on this page is for customers in 

{{ town-name }}

Food or Medicine Loss in Connecticut 

Have you experienced a food or medicine loss due to an extended power outage (96 hours or more)? You may be eligible to file a claim for reimbursement.

How it Works

  • This claim is available for Connecticut residential customers only
  • Spoiled food or medicine must be due to an electrical outage caused by an Eversource distribution system failure 
  • You may become eligible for this claim 96 hours from the time damage assessment begins, not from the time your outage begins

After a storm has passed, conditions like impassable roads, high winds or other potential safety hazards are considered before crews can be sent out to start assessing the damage.

How to file a claim

  • Complete and submit the online form (you will be directed to another website)
  • An Eversource representative may contact you to discuss the claim
  • If approved, you'll be paid up to a maximum of $250 by check or account credit within 60 days

Spoiled food or other perishable merchandise should not be held for inspection. Please dispose according to good sanitary practices.

To submit a claim offline, please  download and mail in a printable form.

Property damage?

This claim is only for food or medicine loss. If you have suffered damage to your property and think Eversource may be responsible, you can file a property damage claim.