Eversource wants to help our customers save money while helping the environment. Electric vehicles (EVs) are a great option to do both.
Benefits of electric vehicles include:
- Fuel costs that are 50 percent lower than operating a vehicle that runs on gasoline.
- Zero tailpipe emissions. Not only do EVs help improve the quality of air in the community you live and lower transportation emissions, but they do so while utilizing domestic energy sources - decreasing our dependence on oil.
- Rebates and tax credits are offered to those who purchase an electric vehicle.
- Reduction of gasoline and motor oil use leads to fewer spills and pollution to oceans, rivers and groundwater.
- Less noise pollution due to quieter electric vehicles.
- A safer option with less risk of fires and explosions.
- Less maintenance than gasoline powered cars.
Special Savings With Nissan Available Through July 2
Eversource is joining Nissan to offer customers a $3,000 rebate off the MSRP of a 2018 Nissan LEAF through July 2. To take advantage of the offer, Eversource customers need to bring the promotional flyer and a recent Eversource electric bill to a participating Nissan dealer.
The 2018 Nissan LEAF has up to a 150-mile range with a lower starting MSRP than the 2017 model. Each new LEAF can plug in to a standard, 120-volt residential outlet, or there’s an available 120/240-volt cord for faster charging.
For more details, see your local participating Nissan dealer.
Everyone likes to save money - and electric vehicles can save you thousands in fuel costs over the life of the vehicle.
And with gas prices continuously fluctuating, you never know what how much you're going to spend filling your tank.
In addition to fuel savings, you'll also lower your carbon footprint. EVs cut carbon emissions by 70 percent.
Charging at home can be as simple as connecting a plug to your EV from a standard outlet. While the installation of a charging station in your home will provider faster charging, it isn't necessary. Also, the latest charging equipment will work universally with most EVs on the market.
Installing EV charging stations is not only beneficial to employee and customer satisfaction, but can also be an investment that pays for itself. Offering EV charging can make your business more appealing to customers and employees - giving your business an edge the competition. The power to charge on site, provides a convenient place to fuel during the workday.
EVs cut carbon emissions by 70 percent, strengthening your reputation and reducing your organization’s carbon footprint. Plus, your business may qualify for federal and state incentives on charging installation.
Whether you're an owner, manager or builder, you can provide a more comfortable living environment for your residents through the installation of charging stations.
Both current and potential residents will be looking for locations to charge their electric vehicles. Not only will this improve resident satisfaction, but upgrading your parking spaces can help you reach sustainability goals.
For More Information
To learn more about electric vehicles, please visit the following websites: