Stamford Gas Reliability Project
Eversource's recent infrastructure improvements in downtown Stamford increased gas supplies and strengthened the reliability of the gas system. This upgrade will ensure customers have reliable gas service to meet their energy needs, today and in the future.
The Stamford Gas Reliability Project improves the natural gas distribution system in the downtown business area. Known as “The City That Works,” Stamford has a robust business community that counts on reliable gas service for its economic growth.
For nearly a year, Eversource has been replacing existing cast iron and bare steel gas main with newer plastic pipe -- which is safer, more durable and better able to handle changes in underground temperatures. The new mains allow for higher gas pressures and increased supply to better handle the needs of downtown Stamford.
Final restoration is underway, and we anticipate being completely done by July 31, 2017. Remaining construction activities include individual service line installations; final paving; and working with property owners on the installation of vent covers along Bedford and Atlantic Streets. Additional construction activity is planned along Quintard and West Park Street; and North State Street and Atlantic Street.
Eversource has been collaborating with the City of Stamford and the Downtown Special Service District to expedite this project and minimize any disruption that may have been experienced by residents, business owners and the general public.
Beginning with municipal briefings and community outreach efforts related to the Stamford Gas Reliability Project, we made a concerted effort to engage town officials, residents and businesses to inform, answer questions, and listen to concerns about the project. Our outreach will continue until restoration is complete.
Thank you for your patience during this gas system improvement project.
Click to Enlarge
- Location: Stamford, Connecticut
- Route length: Approximately 4,900 feet, underground
- Start of construction: July 25, 2016
- Estimated completion date: July 31, 2017 (dependent on weather)
Construction Activities for the Week of June 11, 2017:
A crew from Danella Construction will continue construction activities to improve our natural gas distribution system in downtown Stamford:
- Nighttime construction activities will take place Sunday evening, June 11, 2017, through Wednesday evening, June 14, 2017, on Bedford Street between Broad Street and Walton Place during the hours of 11 p.m. – 8 a.m.
- Road restoration will take place Tuesday evening, June 13, 2017, through Wednesday evening, June 14, 2017, on Bedford Street between Broad Street and Walton Place during the hours of 11 p.m. – 8 a.m.
- There will be no nighttime construction activities scheduled Thursday evening, June 15, 2017, through Sunday evening, June 18, 2017.
- There will be no daytime construction activities scheduled after 8 a.m. from Monday, June 12, 2017, through Friday, June 16, 2017.
- Traffic flow will be maintained at all locations.
For more information about construction activities, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.