Cross Road to Fisher Road Reliability Project
As part of always working to serve you better, Eversource is proposing to install a new 115-kilovolt (kV) transmission line on existing Eversource rights of way in Dartmouth, Mass.
The proposed transmission line will address reliability and capacity issues throughout the Dartmouth and Westport areas – supporting future growth. It will extend approximately 5.1 miles and connect the Cross Road Substation to the Fisher Road Substation in Dartmouth.
As a part of this proposed project, Eversource will also be making other improvements to the Cross Road and the Fisher Road Substations.
* Click to Enlarge
- Route length: Approximately 5.1 miles
- Town: Dartmouth, Massachusetts
- Line voltage: 115,000-volt (115-kV) overhead transmission line
- Siting review by: Department of Public Utilities (DPU)
- Public Open Houses: April 2016 and August 8, 2018
Estimated Timetable (subject to change, pending necessary approvals):
- File Siting Petition with the DPU: First Quarter 2019
- DPU Public Hearing: Third Quarter 2019
- Petition Decision from the DPU: First Quarter 2020
- Start of construction*: First Quarter 2020
- Estimated in-service date*: Fourth Quarter 2020
* Pending all necessary siting and permit approvals
Department of Public Utilities
To construct and operate the new overhead transmission line, Eversource must file a petition with the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities (DPU) for approval. The petition filing is part of the regulatory review process, as defined by Massachusetts state statutes.
Eversource will be engaging town officials, residents, businesses, community groups and other stakeholders through municipal briefings, open houses, mailings and meetings – answering questions and listening to any concerns about the project.
We hosted a public open house in Dartmouth on August 8, 2018, to give interested stakeholders an opportunity to learn more about the project, ask questions, and provide feedback.
As the proposed project proceeds through the siting and permitting process, we will continue our community outreach efforts.
For more information about the project, please send an email to TransmissionInfo@eversource.com
or call 800-793-2202.