Organizations seeking a sponsorship or charitable grant:
- Must be based within Eversource's service territory
- Must have a 501(c)(3) designation
- Cannot be a private foundation
Eversource does not make donations to the following:
- Organizations located outside the areas we serve
- Organizations that do not qualify as charitable organizations as defined by the IRS Code
- Religious institutions
- Fraternal and political organizations
- Golf outings
- Capital projects
- Private foundations or endowments
- Reducing or eliminating a pre-existing debt
- Personal expenses related to events, conferences, travel, etc.
Contributions will generally not be granted for organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status or condition protected by local, state or federal law.
There is a limit of one grant per organization in a 12-month period, with limited renewal of between 3 to 5 years.