Commitment to Clean Energy & Carbon Neutrality
We’re proud to be recognized as one of the greenest energy companies in the nation. Our commitment to environmental sustainability is an important component of our vision for how we conduct our business today and for future generations.
As a catalyst for clean energy, we partner with like-minded companies and stakeholders to conduct our business in a responsible and sustainable way, providing the best solutions for our customers and the communities we serve.
Environmental, social and governance initiatives are built into the policies and principles that govern our company and reflect our commitment to sustainable growth.
We’re committed to reliability, effective corporate governance, expanding energy options for our region, and promoting environmental stewardship.
Carbon Neutral by 2030
As a centerpiece of our commitment to clean energy, we’re dedicating ourselves to a new, ambitious but attainable target to having our operations be carbon neutral by 2030. We also aim to help our customers and our region reduce their carbon footprint.
The benefits of our regional clean energy initiatives will more than offset Eversource’s greenhouse gas emissions.
We’ll get there by:
- Reducing our own energy use.
- Reducing line losses in the electric transmission and distribution system.
- Reducing sulfur hexafluoride use in electrical gas-insulated switchgear.
- Upgrading our natural gas distribution system to improve safety and eliminate methane leaks from our infrastructure.
- Increasing investments in renewable generation.
- Promoting customer energy efficiency programs.
- Driving alternative fuel vehicle adoption and development of electric vehicle charging networks.
- Developing innovative battery storage projects that reduce the need for fossil fuel-powered generation.
Read our updated Commitment to Environmental Sustainability to find out more.