About Our Pilot Program
- We're looking for a mixed group of about 100 residential and commercial or industrial customers in the same neighborhood. A dense cluster of diverse customers provides the best possible pilot.
- Applicants must currently receive either delivered fuels (heating oil or propane) or Eversource natural gas service in the qualifying territory*.
- Properties with certain types of existing ductwork may be preferred.
- Eversource will enter into an agreement with you for the duration of the pilot, which will be three years.
- We'll want your feedback before, during and after the pilot to ensure you're receiving the best experience possible.
What Pilot Customers Receive
- Eversource will pay for all the equipment to be installed in your home or business.
- Eversource will also pay for, and be responsible for, all equipment, installation and maintenance costs of the networked geothermal system outside of your home or business.
- You get a cost-effective, low-carbon source of heating and cooling. Based on our review, geothermal energy can reduce the average residential customer's carbon emissions by up to 60 percent.
- You will not have to pay any commodity charges for heating and cooling for this pilot. The geothermal energy is free. We expect a low monthly fee for customers that will be used to fund this pilot.
- The technology is proven, but if something goes wrong or if you want an alternate heating and cooling service, we will work with you to ensure the continued heating and cooling of your property and your personal comfort.
We plan to identify the pilot location and customers in spring 2021, install the system and associated equipment this summer and fall, and begin the pilot in November 2021.
We will continue to post updates on our progress here.