South Boston Substation
With significant load growth and rapid business and residential development, Eversource recently completed construction on a new substation on Seafood Way in South Boston.
At Eversource, we're always working to serve you better. The South Boston Substation Project also includes the construction of underground distribution and transmission line segments, connecting the new substation to existing infrastructure. Some in-street construction work on duct banks, which house electric cables, will continue through 2020.
The Seafood Way Substation will improve the reliability of electric service to this portion of the city. As development on the waterfront continues to grow, the project will also establish a foundation to serve the anticipated electric load requirements.
- South Boston Substation: New substation at Seafood Way and Fid Kennedy Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts
- Line Voltage: 115/14-kilovolt (kV) substation
- Substation Completion: December 2016
- Transmission and Distribution Infrastructure Completion: February 2018
- Cable Installation: End of 2020
If you have any questions, or would like more information, please contact Eversource's Community Relations Hotline at 617-541-7634.