Cross Road to Fisher Road Reliability Project
As part of always working to serve you better, Eversource will install a new 115-kilovolt (kV) transmission line on existing rights of way in Dartmouth, MA.
The approved transmission line will address reliability and capacity issues throughout the Dartmouth and Westport areas. It will extend approximately 5.1 miles and connect the Cross Road Substation to the Fisher Road Substation in Dartmouth.
As a part of this project, Eversource will also be making other improvements to the Cross Road and the Fisher Road Substations.
* Click to Enlarge
- Route length: Approximately 5.1 miles
- Town: Dartmouth, MA
- Line voltage: 115,000-volt (115-kV) overhead transmission line
- Siting review by: Department of Public Utilities (DPU)
- Public Open Houses: April 2016 and August 8, 2018
- Filed Siting Petition with the DPU: March 22, 2019
- DPU Public Hearing: July 23, 2019
- DPU Evidentiary Hearings: February 4, 2020 and February 20, 2020
- Final Decision Issued by DPU: September 14, 2020
Estimated Timetable (subject to change, pending necessary approvals):
- Start of construction: Fourth Quarter 2020
- Estimated in-service date: Second Quarter 2021
First, please know that Eversource takes every safety precaution while working in local communities and that all people working on the construction project carry identification. The project work will not interrupt electric service to homes or businesses.
Eversource is committed to updating neighbors, businesses and all community members about project activities, especially during construction. Please keep in mind that the construction schedule may change due to weather or other unexpected circumstances.
Week of January 18, 2021
- Crews will continue installing timber matting and environmental erosion controls onto the transmission line right of way off of Fisher Road. Timber mats are used to create access roads and allow for safe and efficient worksites, while protecting vegetation and wetlands. Crews will also be drilling for foundations at future structure locations Northwest of Fisher Road and installing new transmission poles off of Lucy Little Road and North of Chase Road. Transmission wires will be hung on newly set structures off of Cross Road, Route 6 and Old Westport Road.
Department of Public Utilities
In order to construct and operate the new overhead transmission line, Eversource filed a petition with the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities (DPU) for approval. The petition filing is part of the regulatory review process, as defined by MA state statutes.
On March 22, 2019, Eversource submitted the following Siting Petition to the Energy Facilities Siting Board (EFSB):
The DPU held a Public Comment Hearing on July 23, 2019, at the Southworth Library in Dartmouth, Mass.
Eversource continues to engage town officials, residents, businesses, community groups and other stakeholders through municipal briefings, open houses, mailings and meetings – answering questions and listening to any concerns about the Project.
We hosted a public open house in Dartmouth on August 8, 2018, to give interested stakeholders an opportunity to learn more about the project, ask questions, and provide feedback to questions/concerns.
As the Project proceeds through the construction and restoration process, we will continue our community outreach efforts.
For more information about the project, please send an email to ProjectInfo@eversource.com
or call 800-793-2202.