Acushnet to Fall River Reliability Project
To improve system reliability, Eversource and National Grid are proposing a joint project to construct a 115-kilovolt (kV) transmission line on existing Eversource and National Grid rights of way from Acushnet to Fall River.
The proposed project would improve system reliability in Southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island and would also include upgrades at Eversource’s High Hill Substation in Dartmouth and Wing Lane Substation in Acushnet.
Eversource’s portion of the proposed transmission line will extend approximately 7.9 miles, passing through Acushnet, Dartmouth, and New Bedford. The line would then continue for approximately 4.2 miles in Fall River.
* Click to Enlarge
- Route Length: Approximately 12.1 miles
- Town/City: Acushnet, Dartmouth, New Bedford, and Fall River
- Line Voltage: 115,000-volt (115-kV) overhead transmission line
- Siting Review By: Energy Facilities Siting Board (EFSB)
Estimated Timetable (subject to change):
- Public Open Houses: Third Quarter 2018
- File Siting Petition with the EFSB: Fourth Quarter 2018
- EFSB Public Hearing: Second Quarter 2019
- Petition Decision from the EFSB: Second Quarter 2020
- Pre-Construction Open House*: Second Quarter 2020
- Start of construction*: Third Quarter 2020
- Estimated in-service date*: Fourth Quarter 2021
* Pending all necessary siting and permit approvals
Energy Facility siting board
To construct and operate the new 115-kV overhead transmission line, Eversource and National Grid will file a petition with the Massachusetts Energy Facilities Siting Board (EFSB) for approval. The petition filing is part of the regulatory review process, as defined by Massachusetts state statutes.
Eversource and National Grid will be engaging town officials, local residents, business owners, community groups and other interested stakeholders through briefings, open houses, mailings and meetings as an opportunity to learn more about the project, ask questions and provide feedback. As the proposed project proceeds through the siting and permitting process, we will continue keep you informed.
Regional Open Houses
Eversource and National Grid will be hosting two open houses to discuss the proposed project and answer community questions. Feel free to drop in at either open house anytime between 5 and 7 p.m.
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
5 to 7 p.m.
Acushnet Council on Aging
59 ½ South Main Street
Acushnet, MA 02743
Thursday, September 27, 2018
5 to 7 p.m.
Dartmouth Town Hall, Room 315
400 Slocum Road
Dartmouth, MA 02747
For more information about the Acushnet to Fall River Reliability Project, send an email to Eversource at TransmissionInfo@eversource.com or call 800-793-2202.
For more information specific to Fall River portion of the project, send an email to National Grid at Info@SouthCoastReliabilityProjects.com or call 833-233-7277.