Eversource's mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service includes our commitment to the strength of the communities we serve.
To support our communities and make a positive difference in the lives of our customers, Eversource awards grants to qualified non-profits in our service area, with a particular focus on the health and well-being of youth and the advancement and promotion of clean energy and related technologies.
If your organization is interested in applying for a grant, please review the details below for more information about the online application process and eligibility.
Eversource does not make grants to the following:
- Personal expenses related to events, conferences, travel, etc.
- Corporations that do not qualify as charitable organizations as defined by the IRS Code
- Projects benefiting limited groups (religious, fraternal, political)
- Private foundations or endowments
- Reducing or eliminating a pre-existing debt
- Golf outings
- Organizations located outside the areas we serve and whose services do not benefit our customers
Generally speaking, grants are not provided to organizations that receive direct support from United Way or other federated funds as we support these umbrella agencies through our direct giving and employee giving campaigns.
There is a limit of one grant per organization in a 12-month period, with limited renewal of between 3 to 5 years maximum.
Applying for a Grant
All applications for support need to be submitted through our online application form. Requests via email or other means will not be considered. Applicants can create an account using an email address and password to apply for a grant.
All online grant requests submitted after November 15 will be reviewed and considered for funding the following calendar year.