How Can Eversource Support Your Organization?
The Eversource Energy Foundation accepts several types of charitable requests:
- Event Sponsorships
- Charitable Grant
- Community Impact Grant
Organizations seeking a sponsorship or charitable grant:
- Must be based within Eversource's service territory
- Must have a 501(c)(3) designation
- Cannot be a private foundation
Eversource does not make donations to the following:
- Organizations located outside the areas we serve
- Organizations that do not qualify as charitable organizations as defined by the IRS Code
- Religious institutions
- Fraternal and political organizations
- Golf outings
- Capital projects
- Private foundations or endowments
- Reducing or eliminating a pre-existing debt
- Personal expenses related to events, conferences, travel, etc.
Contributions will generally not be granted for organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status or condition protected by local, state or federal law.
There is a limit of one grant per organization in a 12-month period, with limited renewal of between 3 to 5 years.
Please review the charitable descriptions below to determine which type is most appropriate for your request.
Eversource sponsors events that support community organizations and where goods or services are received as part of the sponsorship.
Average Eversource event sponsorship is $2,500.
Event sponsorship requests are reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications for events should be submitted at least 90 days before any print deadline. In approximately 60 days of receiving your grant request, you will be notified of the Review Committee's decision. Applications must be submitted through our online portal below.
Eversource awards program-based charitable grants for organization that support one or more of Eversource’s focus areas of giving:
- Community Wellness and Basic Human Needs
- Clean Energy and Environmental Stewardship
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Economic, Community and Workforce Development
The average Eversource Charitable Grant is between $2,500 and $10,000.
Charitable Grant requests are reviewed on a rolling basis. Funding requests for a program or project must be submitted at least 90 days in advance. In approximately 60 days of receiving your grant request, you will be notified of the Review Committee’s decision. Applications must be submitted through our online portal below.