SCEF PROGRAM INFORMATION
On an annual basis for a total of six years, Eversource and United Illuminating will issue a Request for Proposal (RFP) to solicit competitive bids for the purchase of Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) and energy from eligible projects.
SCEF Projects must meet the following basic criteria:
- Project size must be between 100 kW (AC) and 4,000 kW (AC).
- Construction must commence after the date of the solicitation to which the Bidder is responding.
- Projects must be located within Eversource Connecticut Electric service territory.
YEAR 1 RFP
- Release of RFP - April 30, 2020
- Bidders Conference – Webinar Only* - On or About June 4, 2020
- Deadline for Submission of Questions - On or About June 6, 2020
- Bid Forms Due - July 13, 2020 by 1:00 p.m. (Eastern Prevailing Time “EPT”), at which time the Pricing shall become firm, irrevocable and binding.
- Selection and Notification of Winning Bidder - On or about August 31, 2020
- Tariff Terms Agreement Execution - After Selection and Notification of Winning Bidders. Bidders will have to return partially executed Tariff Terms Agreements by the due date established by the Companies which is expected to be approximately 10 business days after selection and notification of winning bidders.
- Subsequent Rounds of Selection and Notification of Winning Bidders - Approximately 5 business days after Tariff Terms Agreement Execution date (date on which executed Tariff Terms Agreement is due to the EDC for each round of selection. After each Tariff Terms Agreement Execution Date, each EDC will re-evaluate it’s available MWs and reallocate to the next project(s) in the queue as necessary and notify selected Bidders accordingly. This process will continue until the earlier of 1) all available MWs are allocated, or 2) November 1, 2020, to allow enough time for the EDCs to submit “…bids selected after July 1 by January 1 of the next calendar year.” 1
- Final selections submitted to DEEP for review and approval - Within two weeks following completion of the annual Procurement process.
- Final approval received from DEEP - Within two weeks of receipt of final selections from the each of the EDCs.
- Tariff Terms Agreement(s) Filed with PURA - Following DEEP’s approval of EDCs’ final selections.
- Commencement of Service - Within three calendar years from the date of PURA approval of the Tariff Terms Agreement(s).
 Doc. No. 19-07-01, Order No. 4.
* Pursuant to Section 2.1 of the RFP, Schedule, the Companies, at their sole discretion, may modify the schedule at any time.
KEY DOCUMENTS FOR YEAR 1 SCEF RFP