We're adapting to serve you
We’ve suspended disconnections, late fees and taken other steps to help customers in response to COVID-19. Learn more below.
Las respuestas a las preguntas frecuentes están disponibles en español.
As a member of the communities we serve across New England, we’re here to support our customers through this challenging time, including:
- Suspending disconnection of service for non-payment.
- Eliminating late payment charges.
- Offering a special, flexible payment plan — with no down payment — for any past-due amount. Residential customers, please contact us at 800-286-2828 (electric) or 800-438-2278 (gas) to learn more. Business customers, please contact us at 800-682-2627.
- Providing energy-saving tips and resources to help you manage any potential increase in your energy use and costs now that many families are spending their weekdays at home.
- For answers to commonly asked questions about Eversource and our response to COVID-19, visit our FAQ page.
During this emergency period, we’re here to provide safe, reliable energy services when you need them most:
- Electric, water and gas companies have been identified by the US Department of Homeland Security as critical infrastructure sectors that must continue operations to provide essential services. You will continue to see our crews performing work to maintain and improve the safety and reliability of our systems. We have suspended all non-essential work.
- We have enabled more than 80% of our Customer Service Representatives to take customer calls from home. Please be patient if you hear our families, pets, or other background noise.
- We have suspended non-essential work and appointments that require a technician to enter a home or come in close, physical contact with other individuals, such as Energy Efficiency home visits and tree assessments for non-emergency concerns.
- Some of our field employees may be taking work vehicles home at the end of the day. If you see an Eversource vehicle in a private driveway, this is part of our plan to ensure a fast response in case of emergencies and to limit group interactions at our work centers.
As our customers, we want you to know that:
- We have online and mobile tools to help you conduct business with us as usual, including customer service agents to speak with by phone. Our mobile app allows you to easily check your account, pay your bill and more at your convenience.
- The COVID-19 outbreak has led to an increase in scam activity. Be wary of any unsolicited calls that threaten to disconnect your utility service and that demand payment by unusual means. Eversource will never ask for your personal information over the phone in this manner and does not accept payments via gift cards or other common tools used by scammers.
- We develop and update business continuity and pandemic plans annually, and are currently operating under our emergency pandemic plan. This allows us to focus our resources where they are needed most - ensuring the smooth and stable operation of our electric and gas operations.
While this is an evolving situation, we are committed to safeguarding the health and safety of our customers, our employees and the communities we serve, and ensuring that we continue to reliably provide our essential energy services.