Skip to Main Content Skip to Sitemap


Community Action Agencies

Community Action Agencies address the needs of low-income people, providing energy and weatherization assistance and much more.

If you need assistance paying your utility bill, an agency in your community may be able to help. Call for an appointment to discuss your needs and energy assistance program eligibility.

More information is available on the Connecticut Association for Community Action website.

Town/City Agency Phone Number
Bridgeport ABCD (Action for Bridgeport Community Development)
1070 Park Avenue, 06604
203-366-8241, or
203-384-6904 (Energy Office)
Bristol BCO (Bristol Community Organization)
55 South Street, 06010
860-584-2725, or
860-582-7490 (Energy Office)
Danbury CAAWC (Community Action Agency of Western Connecticut)
66 North Street, 06810
203-744-4700, or
203-748-5422 (Energy Office)
Danielson A.C.C.E.S.S.
231 Broad Street, 06239
Derby TEAM (Training, Education and Manpower, Inc.)
30 Elizabeth Street, 06418
Hartford CRT (Community Renewal Team of Hartford, Inc.)
393 Wethersfield Avenue, 06114
860-560-5600, or
860-560-5800 (Energy Office)
Meriden NOGM (New Opportunities of Greater Meriden)
74 Cambridge Street, 06450
Middletown CRT (Community Renewal Team)
283 Main Street Ext., 06457
860-347-4465 (Energy Office)
New Britain New Britain HRA-NB (Human Resources Agency of New Britain)
180 Clinton Street, 06053
860-225-8601, or
860-356-2000 (Energy Office)
New Haven CAA (Community Action Agency/New Haven)
419 Whalley Ave, 06511
New London TVCCA (Thames Valley Council for Community Action)
83 Huntington Street, 06320
Norwich TVCCA (Thames Valley Community Council Agency)
401 West Thames Street, Unit 201, 06360
860-425-6681 (Energy Office)
Torrington New Opportunities of Torrington 860-496-0622
Waterbury New Opportunities, Inc.
232 North Elm Street, 06702
203-575-9799, or
203-756-8151 (Energy Office)
Willimantic A.C.C.E.S.S.
1315 Main Street, 06226
860-450-7423 (Energy Office)