Organizations seeking a grant:
- Must be based within Eversource's service territory
- Must have a 501(c)(3) designation
- Cannot be a private foundation
Eversource does not make donations that support:
- Organizations that do not qualify as charitable organizations as defined by the IRS Code
- Fraternal and political organizations
- Golf outings (unless it's a fundraising event for a nonprofit organization)
- Capital projects
- Private foundations or endowments
- Reducing or eliminating a pre-existing debt
- Personal expenses related to events, conferences, travel, etc.
- Goods and services
The Foundation would not knowingly contribute to an organization that discriminates on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status or condition protected by local, state or federal law.
Generally there is a limit of one grant per organization in a 12-month period, with limited renewal of between 3 to 5 years.