Wilton Gas Expansion Project
We’re proud that during 2014, in partnership with Wilton community leaders, natural gas was brought into Wilton Center for the first time in the town’s history.
Starting June 2015, construction began on Eversource’s second natural gas expansion project in collaboration with the town of Wilton.
Phase 2 of the project included the installation of 3,100 feet of underground pipeline along Wolfpit Road/Route 106 to supply reliable, clean, safe, affordable and stably priced natural gas to the Miller-Driscoll School.
This project also offers businesses and residents along the route a chance to convert to natural gas and lower their energy costs, too. Beyond its many benefits, natural gas is locally abundant and produced in the United States, making it Connecticut’s fuel of choice for its energy future within the state’s Comprehensive Energy Strategy.
- Route Length: Approximately 3,100 feet, underground
- Location: Wilton, Connecticut (see map)
- Start of construction: June 18, 2015
- Completion date: Mid-August 2015
Keeping the lines of communication open is an important part of our work in your community. For more information about natural gas construction activities, please send an email to GasExpansion@eversource.com or call 860-665-4644.
What You Can Expect During Construction:
- Work zones that are protected from pedestrians and vehicles.
- Police officers or flagmen assigned to coordinate traffic control.
- Maintained access to residences and businesses, as well as assured priority passage of emergency vehicle traffic through construction areas.
- Restoration of roadways, private land and public property to its original condition after construction work is completed.
(Please note that construction work is weather dependent, and construction is subject to change without notice.)