LRECs, Large/Medium ZRECs
On an annual basis, Eversource and United Illuminating will issue a Request for Proposal (RFP) to solicit competitive bids for the purchase of Renewable Energy Credits (RECs).
RECs must be produced from qualifying projects in the following categories:
- LREC projects up to 2,000 kW
- ZREC projects in the medium size category, which is >100 kW and <250 kW
- ZREC projects in the large size category, which is for projects ≥250 kW and ≤1000 kW.
Bidders may submit bids subject to a price cap (to be determined during each solicitation) for LRECs, Medium and Large ZRECs. If Eversource selects a bid from a project, the bidder will have the opportunity to enter into a 15-year contract to sell its RECs to Eversource (the buyer) at the fixed price of their bid.
Previous RFP Results
||Final Procurement Plans & Contracts Approved By PURA
|| May 1, 2012
|| Feb. 1, 2013
||April 25, 2013
||Jan. 16, 2014
||April 24, 2014
||Jan. 14, 2015
||April 30, 2015
||April 1, 2016
||April 28, 2016
||February 28, 2017
||April 27, 2017
More detailed information regarding previous LREC/ZREC RFP results is also available.
Year 1 Detailed Results:
Year 2 Detailed Results:
Year 3 Detailed Results:
Year 4 Detailed Results:
Year 5 Detailed Results:
Copies of the specific contracts associated with these RFP’s are on file with the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA). Although a regulated utility, Eversource is not subject to the Freedom of Information Act ("FOIA"). FOIA requests should be directed to PURA. For your convenience, click here to access the PURA website.
Year 6 RFP
Please note, there are key changes to the Year 6 LREC/ZREC program that Eversource has summarized for potential applicants and bidders.
The following schedule is applicable to the Year 6 LREC/ZREC Fall RFP. Please note, dates are subject to change without notice.
- Release of RFP: September 25, 2017
- Bidders Conference: October 2, 2017
- Deadline for Submission of Questions: October 16, 2017
- Bid Forms Due: October 24, 2017 by 1 p.m. Eastern Prevailing Time, at which time pricing shall become firm, irrevocable and binding.
- Selection & Notification of Winning Bidders: On or about November 20, 2017.
- Standard Contracts Execution: After selection and notification of winning bidders. Bidders will have to return partially executed contracts by the date established by the companies, which is expected to be approximately 10 business days.
- Standard Contract(s) Filed with PURA: Following selection of winning bidder(s) and execution of standard contracts during each round.
- Commencement of Service: In accordance with standard contracts.
Eversource emphasizes that due to the timing of the Fall RFP, contracts will likely be sent and/or due on or around holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.
Key Documents for Year 6 LREC/ZREC April RFP
Submit LREC/ZREC Bid