Capital for Change (C4C)
C4C offers loans to to nonprofit organizations that contribute to the well-being of their communities.
- Loans from $50,000 to $200,000
- Loans for working capital, fixed asset acquisition, financing commercial real estate and leasehold improvements
- Additional programs for small businesses
View C4C programs
Connecticut Innovations (CI) Loan Programs
CI offers loans to small and entrepreneurial Connecticut businesses that need financing and cannot be approved by a bank without assistance.
- Loans up to $500,000
- CI provides the bank with a first loss guaranty from 30 to 50 percent (up to a maximum amount of $150,000), depending on the loan amount
- Loans can be used for most business purposes, including working capital, machinery and equipment and purchasing or upgrading facilities
View CI loan programs
Community Investment Corporation (CIC) Loan Programs
CIC is an economic development lender that provides financing and support to small businesses in Connecticut. Loans are available for:
- MicroNow Loans up to $15,000
- MicroLoans up to $50,000
- Community Advantage Loans up to $200,000
- SBA 504 Loans up to $5 million
View CIC programs
Community Economic Development Fund (CEDF)
CEDF provides loans and other support to small businesses in low-to-moderate income towns and cities in Connecticut.
- Term loans up to $250,000
- Owner-occupied commercial real estate loans up to $500,000
- Lines of credit up to $250,000
View CEDF programs
Hartford Economic Development Corporation (HEDCO) Loan Programs
HEDCO provides eligible Connecticut small businesses and nonprofits with access to capital via 10 different flexible, affordable loans and lines of credit.
- Amounts up to $200,000
- Interest rates from 3% to 7%
- Terms from 1 to 10 years
View HEDCO programs
Middlesex County Revitalization Commission (MCRC)
MCRC provides provides low-interest loans and matching grants to small and mid-sized businesses in Middlesex County to encourage and stimulate economic development in the area. Programs include:
- Revolving Loan Fund ($10,000 - $100,000)
- Job Creation Incentive Loan ($10,000 - $300,000)
- Job Creation Matching Grant ($10,000 - $100,000)
View MCRC programs
Northeast Connecticut Economic Alliance (NECA) Loans
The Northeast Connecticut Economic Alliance provides loans to businesses in northeast Connecticut.
- Loans up to $50,000
- Larger loans available through the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
View NCEA programs
Partnership Loan Program for Minority- and Women-Owned Small Businesses in the New Haven Area
HEDCO, Inc., The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven, the City of New Haven and The Amour Propre Fund are collaborating to provide financial relief and recovery resources to minority-owned and women-owned small businesses.
Qualifying small business with 20 or fewer employees may apply for a 4% term loan for up to $25,000.
Businesses must be in New Haven, Ansonia, Bethany, Branford, Cheshire, Derby, East Haven, Guilford, Hamden, Madison, Milford, North Branford, North Haven, Orange, Oxford, Seymour, Shelton, Wallingford, West Haven or Woodbridge
Spanish American Merchants Association (SAMA)
SAMA provides loans and support to Latino-owned small businesses in Connecticut.
- Loans and lines of credit from $1,000 - $100,000
- Loans designed to encourage job growth and stimulate small and mid-size businesses
View SAMA programs
Southeastern Connecticut Enterprise Region (seCTer) Loans
seCTer provides loans and support to small and medium-sized businesses in New London County. Loans can be used to help you expand your business, upgrade machinery and equipment and/or relocate to New London County.
View seCTer programs
Waterbury Development Corporation (WDC) Loans
WDC provides loans and other support to Waterbury small businesses.
View WDC programs