Convert to Gas Heat
Thinking about making the switch to clean, efficient and convenient natural gas heat?
Convert to a high-efficiency gas heating system now and you could save up to 40 percent on your heating bill thanks to low natural gas prices and high-efficiency equipment.
Or put money in your pocket today by financing your new natural gas furnace or boiler with a 0 percent loan through Mass Save, and your heating-related monthly payments will be less than oil while you pay off your new, efficient equipment.
Currently, natural gas costs $1.58 per gallon of oil equivalent (12-month average). Compare the price of natural gas to oil and propane heat by visiting the linked calculators on the right.
You may also be eligible to receive:
- Free gas service line installation (if needed) if there is an existing gas main in the street in front of your home. The new service line can be up to 100 feet in length.
- $300 to $1,600 in rebates toward new energy-efficient gas heating equipment. Visit GasNetworks.com for a rebate application.
- Federal tax credits for high-efficiency furnaces, boilers and water heaters.
- Gas bill credit up to $400 toward the purchase of Burnham by U.S. boiler equipment is available until June 30, 2016.**
- $300 credit for Series 2, Series 3, ESC and Independence boilers.
- $250 credit for Alpine high-efficiency boilers.
- $100 credit for K2 and K2 with Combi kit boilers.
- $100 for Alliance SL in-direct water heaters.
- Zero percent interest, seven-year loans for new high-efficiency heating systems. Visit MassSave.com for more information.
- Standard above-ground oil tank removal for a discounted rate of $350 including permit.
So if you are interested in making the switch or would like more details, call us toll-free at 866-678-2744 or complete this online form and one of our specialists will be glad to discuss your options. More information about the steps necessary to convert to gas heat is also available.
* If you need a gas service line, installation is available from April 1 to September 30. Other restrictions may apply. In certain cases there may be a charge for the service line.
** Credit is available for monthly gas bill customers converting to gas heat only. The gas bill credit is valid for installations done between January 1 and June 30, 2016. All paperwork must be submitted by July 31, 2016.