Southwest Connecticut Reliability Project
Eversource is preparing to construct a new 115-kilovolt (kV) overhead transmission line and make related substation improvements to enhance its ability to reliably serve the electrical demand in the southwest Connecticut area.
These infrastructure improvements will strengthen the electrical system and ensure that our customers have reliable power to meet their energy needs, both today and in the future.
The new line will extend 3.4 miles, crossing through the towns of Bethel, Danbury, and Brookfield, Conn. The line will be located entirely within Eversource’s existing transmission line right of way from Plumtree Substation (near Walnut Hill Road in Bethel) to an area near Park Ridge Road in Brookfield. We will also make related modifications to the Plumtree Substation in Bethel and the Stony Hill Substation in Brookfield.
- Route length: Approximately 3.4 miles
- Location: Bethel, Danbury and Brookfield, Connecticut
- Line voltage: 115,000-volt (115-kV) overhead transmission line
- Substation: Substation upgrades at both Plumtree Substation in Bethel, and Stony Hill Substation in Brookfield
- Siting review by: The Connecticut Siting Council (CSC)
Estimated Timetable (subject to change):
- Municipal Consultation Filing (MCF): April 14, 2016
- Public open house: May 4, 2016
- Connecticut Siting Council (CSC) Application filing: June 30, 2016
- CSC Public Hearing: September 22, 2016
- CSC Approval: November 10, 2016
- Development & Management Plan approval: July 21, 2017
- Start of construction (pending all necessary approvals): Fourth Quarter 2017
- Estimated in-service date: By the end of 2018
CONNECTICUT SITING COUNCIL
For an electric transmission line project, such as the Southwest Connecticut Reliability Project, the Municipal Consultation and Application Filing phases are part of the siting regulatory review process, as defined by the Connecticut state statutes.
On November 10, 2016, the CSC voted to approve the Certificate of Environmental Compatibility and Public Need (Application) for the construction of the Southwest Connecticut Reliability Transmission Project.
Development & Management Plans
On July 21, 2017, the CSC voted to approve the project’s construction plans, called the Development and Management Plans (D&M).
For more information, send an email to TransmissionInfo@eversource.com or call 800-793-2202.