Sometimes life can take you down a road with unexpected financial curves. We can help give you a new start. The New Start program can help eliminate your outstanding balance in as little as 12 months. If you make on-time monthly payments, we’ll make up the difference.
Here’s how it works.
Eversource will review your account billing history and set a monthly budget payment based on the average of your regular monthly bill. You will need to pay this amount on-time each month to remain in the program and continue to receive year-round electric service.
When you make your New Start monthly payment, a portion of your past due balance will be eliminated, or “forgiven”, thus reducing the amount you owe. The amount forgiven each month is calculated by taking your total past due balance and dividing it by 12.
For example. if your budget payment amount is set at $150 per month and your past due balance is $1,200, for every month you make your required $150 budget payment towards your current bill, we will reduce your past-due balance by $100.
As long as you continue to make your New Start payment, your electric service will not be shut off for non-payment.
To be eligible:
- You must be a current Eversource residential customer.
- Your current account balance must be $100 or more and at least 60 days overdue.
- Your income must fall at or below 60 percent of the estimated state median income.
- You must have applied for, and be eligible to receive, energy assistance funds, or be able to provide other proof of income.
- You must continue to pay your monthly budget amount on-time each month.
- A “good faith” payment is required for enrollment in the New Start program and varies by customer based on payment history.
To begin please call us at 866-315-2496.