Stamford Gas Reliability Project
Eversource is making infrastructure improvements to benefit downtown Stamford, while increasing gas supplies and strengthening the reliability of our system. Our work will ensure customers have reliable gas service to meet their energy needs, today and in the future.
The Stamford Gas Reliability Project will improve the natural gas distribution system in the downtown business area. Known as “The City That Works,” Stamford has a robust business community that counts on reliable gas service for its economic growth.
We will be replacing existing cast iron and bare steel gas main with newer plastic pipe - which is safer, more durable and better able to handle fluctuations in underground temperatures. The new mains will allow for higher gas pressures and increased supply to better handle the needs of Downtown Stamford.
We have been working in close collaboration with the City of Stamford and the Downtown Special Service District (DSSD) to expedite this project and minimize any disruption that may be experienced by residents, business owners and the general public.
Click to Enlarge
- Location: Stamford, Connecticut
- Route length: Approximately 4,900 feet, underground
- Start of construction: July 25, 2016
- Estimated completion date: July 31, 2017 (dependent on weather and pending permit approvals)
What You Can Expect During Construction
The hours for in-street construction work will vary, depending on location, and construction crews will be working daytime hours Monday through Friday (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) and nighttime hours Sunday through Thursday (9 p.m. to 5 a.m.).
Eversource will maintain access to residences and businesses, as well as ensure priority passage of emergency vehicle traffic through construction areas. Construction activities may take place at multiple sites along the route until the project is completed.
Work zones will be protected from pedestrians and vehicles. Police officers or flagmen will oversee traffic control.
This work is expected to continue through the end of July 2017. Please note, construction work is weather dependent, and construction activities are subject to change without notice.
Construction Activities for the Week of May 21, 2017:
Crews from Danella Construction will continue construction activities to improve our natural gas distribution system in Downtown Stamford:
- The following nighttime construction activities will take place Sunday evening; May 21, 2017, through Thursday evening , May 25, 2017, in the following locations:
- One crew will be working on Bedford Street at the intersection of Spring Street during the hours of 11 p.m. - 8 a.m.
- One crew will be working on Atlantic Street between Federal Street and Broad Street during the hours of 9 p.m. - 5 a.m.
- There will be no nighttime construction activities scheduled Friday evening, May 26, 2017, through Saturday evening, May 27, 2017.
- Starting on Monday, May 22, 2017, through Friday, May 26, 2017, one crew will continue daytime construction activities on Bedford Street, north of Spring Street.
- Our construction activities are focused on individual service line replacements, working directly with affected building owners and providing specific appointments to complete our work.
- Traffic flow will be maintained at all locations.
Keeping the lines of communication open is an important part of our work in your community. Regular updates will be made to this site, as appropriate. For more information about construction activities, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.