Mystic to Woburn Line Project
To improve reliability and address growing need for electricity identified by ISO-NE, New England’s power grid manager, Eversource is preparing to construct the Mystic to Woburn Line Project.
The project includes a new 115-kilovolt (kV) underground transmission line that will connect the Mystic substation in Everett, MA, and the Woburn substation. The line will extend approximately 8 miles between the two substations and will pass through Everett, Boston (Charlestown), Somerville, Medford, Winchester, and Woburn.
The project also includes improvements within the existing fence lines of the Woburn and Mystic substations.
* Click to Enlarge
- Route Length: Approximately 8 miles
- Towns: Everett, Boston (Charlestown), Somerville, Medford, Winchester, and Woburn, MA
- Line Voltage: 115,000 volt (115-kV) underground transmission line
- Siting Review By: Energy Facilities Siting Board (EFSB)
Estimated Timetable (Subject to Change):
- File Environmental Notification Form for review under the Massachusetts Environmental Policy Act (MEPA): April 30, 2015
- File Siting Petition with the EFSB: May 20, 2015
- Petition approval by the EFSB: March 9, 2017
- Start of construction: Second Quarter 2017
- Estimated In-Service Date: 2018
Energy facilities Siting Board
For an electric transmission line project, such as the Mystic to Woburn Line Project, the Massachusetts Energy Facilities Siting Board (EFSB) Petition Filing is part of the siting regulatory view process, as defined by Massachusetts state statutes. On March 9, 2017, Eversource received approval from the EFSB to construct the Mystic to Woburn Line Project.
For more information about the Mystic to Woburn Line Project, send an email to TransmissionInfo@eversource.com or call 800-793-2202.